Saturday, January 22, 2011

My son may not get bail due to conspiracy: Binayak's mother Read more: My son may not get bail due to conspiracy: Binayak's mother - The Times of Ind

Source TOI
KALYANI (WB): The mother of physician Binayak Sen, who was sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in Chhattisgarh for sedition, alleged there is a conspiracy by a section of powerful people to foil any possibility of her son getting bail.

"I fear my son will not be granted bail by the Chhattisgarh High Court on January 24 as some powerful people are a hatching conspiracy to influence the judiciary," 84-year-old ailing Anashua Sen said here.

"I'll, however, fight for his release till the last drop of my blood and up to my last breath. If nothing positive comes out, I'll move the Supreme Court and write to the President and the prime minister," she said.

"I'll also try to mobilise people for a strong campaign against the injustice done to Binayak," she said.

She alleged that his son has been kept in solitary confinement to create mental pressure on him. Barring his wife and daughter, none is allowed to meet him in jail, she said.

On December 24 last year, Additional Sessions Judge B P Verma in Raipur convicted 61-year-old Sen, vice-president of People's Union of Civil Liberties, for sedition and sentenced to life imprisonment along with Naxal ideologue Narayan Sanyal and Kolkata businessman Piyush Guha for colluding with Maoists.

No comments:

ChatBox

Related Posts with Thumbnails